Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, March 16, 2007

Why I don't like PTP Forums

I'm sick of PTP (Paid to Post) forums. For several reasons:
Reason 1: It's just plain not worth it...unless: You don't have anything else to do. Or unless you have a ton of referrals.
Reason 2: Spam, worthless posts, too many posts.
I'm going to explain a little more. Most PTP forums don't pay more than $.01 per post. That means that to earn $1.00 you'd have to post 100 times. And if you're making a quality post, it would probably take at least 5 minutes. That's 12 posts per hour... or $0.12 per hour! PTP forums just aren't worth the time if you're looking to make real money.
The second problem is the huge number of senseless posts. If you look at any PTP forum, you'll see hundreds of them. Sure, some forums have moderators set up, but it doesn't seem to help. Mylot, egold-world, they're all the same. It makes it very hard to find quality content.
So that's basically why I'm done with such forums. I've wasted to much time and have nothing much to show for it.
And that's why I like SlashMySearch. They pay you also, but not per post. They pay an hourly rate for any type of activity. You can simply read the forums, and get paid just as much as if you were posting none stop.
If you like to write though, there's a site you need to check out. It's called Associated Content. I had seen it on another blog, and decided to check it out. Now to be honest with you, I don't consider myself a writer. I don't really enjoy writing. Up to this point, that is.
Anyways, I decided to sign up. After all, it's free to sign up and there's no risk involved. So I typed up a little how-to on doing basic lawnmower tune-up. (In my "real" job I'm a lawnmower/small engine repair technician). I submitted it, and it had gone over a week and I hadn't heard back from Associated Content. I figured they must've tossed it into the Recycle Bin or something. I would've been glad to get two bucks for it, I heard about some other bloggers getting around $5 for articles. Then last night I got an email with the offer details. (They review the submitted articles, then make an offer to buy them. You can either decline the offer or accept it). They offered me almost $10 for it. I was pretty pleased! There's also a system where you get a bonus for every thousand views of your article. Mine hasn't been published yet, so I don't know if it will even be popular. I'm certainly going to be doing some more of it.
Click the image below to join!
Join Associated Content

2 comments:

Phil said...

Hey care to exchange links? Or you can do a review on my blog for a free link back.

To find out more on that, visit here http://m2-blog.blogspot.com/2007/03/review-my-blog-for-free-backlink.html

Thanks!

Philip Yong
http://m2-blog.blogspot.com

simply said...

one more tips to make money, I dont now if you have heard about F....., but if not, its a new search engine, you can make money at. see it at http://euroanddollar.blogspot.com/